11.08.2016

anniversary trip to portland

James and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary last month! (Yes, I'm THAT behind on blogging...oops...). We flew to Portland for a long weekend getaway (huge thanks to my Mom for flying out to be with the girls! Not like I have to twist her arm to make a trip out though!)

Originally we were going to stay almost the whole time on the coast, but a bad storm decided to make landfall the same weekend. Our hotel said they couldn't guarantee we wouldn't lose power, so we changed our plans at the last minute and spent most of our time (eating our way through) in Portland- which is such a fun city!


First we hit up Blue Star donuts and Powell's Books. I was impressed with both- the key lime curd filled donut was easily our favorite. Powell's in one of the biggest book stores I've ever been in- ever! James was happy to find a whole section about soccer and I of course ended up in the children's literature aisles. (It's a life goal of mine to write a children's book. It's already done in my head but in reality- not so much. ;-)

 After a little more city explorin' we made our way out to Multnomah Falls. Pictures don't even do it justice- it was beautiful! We did the 2 mile hike to the top of the falls (stupidly without bringing any water along), but the views along the way of the Columbia River Gorge were spectacular. 



 I was also pretty happy about having an excuse to wear my Hunter's every single day, thanks to the drizzly weather. ;-)



Another day we visited the Japanese Gardens, which were also beautiful! I also loved the neighborhood around the gardens- all of the houses looked like magazine cover homes. I made us walk around the block under an umbrella in the rain because houses like that deserve to be looked at and appreciated. ;-)


I pretty much planned our whole trip, except for the Portland Timbers soccer game we went to! Because sitting for 3 hours in the rain watching what feels like nothing happening isn't exactly my favorite thing, but it IS James- and that's true love people. ;-)
 

 ^Pine State Biscuits y'all...worth the wait AND the hype. 


Our last day there we finally made it over to the coast! We decided to go to Cannon Beach.
Growing up in Florida, I definitely was not used to needing boots and coats while on a BEACH, but the whole cliffs and rocks plus sand and water thing was pretty ah-mazing. We enjoyed some delicious clam chowdah' and the cute little beach shops.



^More beaches need swing sets, don't ya think?



Before heading to the airport we stopped by for some Salt and Straw ice cream- best decision EVER. They have some really funky flavors that I wasn't brave enough to try...but the flavors I had were exceptional! James even bought a t-shirt- so that's sayin' somethin'. 

Oregon you are GORGEOUS! We had a wonderful time recharging and celebrating our eight years of awesomeness. :-D 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.