4.07.2013

me want cookies!!!!

I have a sweets problem. Aka, I want something sweet, like everyday. There should probably be some kind of rehab for people like me. 

Today was definitely one of those days. I purposely don't buy things like chocolate chips anymore just to have around to bake cookies whenever, because even if I don't end up making cookies, you betta' believe I'm still eating those chocolate chips. 
See? Problem...

As I was thinking about my chocolate chip lacking pantry, I remembered seeing a recipe on Pinterest for "healthy breakfast cookies" that only required a few ingredients..healthy?.. cookies?   o_0
 
 
 I found that recipe, but then stumbled across another that had many more ingredients, but definitely seemed more "cookie" than just smashed up bananas. The kicker is that these cookies are still called "healthy breakfast cookies"...someone should probably tell her they are actually just cookies with a lot of stuff in them, and not so much "healthy" or very "breakfast" like. Then again...people eat Poptarts and Toaster Strudels these days and call that breakfast...Some poor sucker is going to eat 5 of these for breakfast and think they're on a great start to their 5th diet attempt this week.

I made several substitutions from the original recipe, to ease up on the butter and also cause I didn't have a few things sitting around, so I will call them the "Happy Accident Cookies". Hit my sweet spot and were really unlike any cookie I've made before. If a monster cookie, macaroon, and oatmeal raisin cookie all had a baby together, a cookie baby, this would be that cookie baby. 



Whatcha need:
  • 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • ½ cup of peanut butter, preferably all natural
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
How to:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Toast the coconut and pecans on a cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.
  3. In a large sized bowl beat together the butter, yogurt, sugar and peanut butter for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in vanilla.
  4. In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated (the batter will be sticky). Stir in the nuts, cranberries, coconut, and chocolate chips.
  5. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies slightly.
  6. Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes. Let them REST on the baking sheet (preferably baking stone...don't ever use baking sheets, actually) for about 2 minutes before you remove them.
  7. Let them cool on a wire rack, or just your counter. :-)

My inner fat-kid is happy. And after eating 5 of these actually, inner-fat kid might not be so "inner" tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.