2.10.2013

a quickee

Last Thursday Jillian and I flew to Florida for the weekend. It was the first time I've flown with Jillian by myself, so naturally, I was crossing my fingers almost the entire time that she wouldn't scream incessantly for no reason, or throw her toy at someone's head, or poop everywhere. 

I was incredibly surprised (and grateful) that on both flights out we had an extra seat she could sit and play in. I think that was our saving grace. She was superbly well-behaved and poop free. Although she did drink like 3 cups of juice and peed nonstop. Those fold down changing tables in the airplane bathrooms are NOT made for toddlers. I deserve an award for that maneuvering. 

The trip back to Utah wasn't all rainbows and sprinkles. No extra seats. In fact we sat next to a professional hockey player. Thems ain't small people. Fortunately he said he had kids himself and wasn't bothered by her spontaneous and whiny thrashing.

Our trip was a blur. We were only there for 3 days. On Friday we went to Orlando and Downtown Disney, or as my Mom calls it, the "free Disney experience". My mom and dad took the girls to the Disney store (probably one of the biggest to exist) and let them each pick out something they wanted. Would you guess we ended up with MORE Mickey Mouse Clubhouse stuff? Jillian now has a total of FIVE Minnie Mouses. FIVE. All different sizes.
Aye aye aye. 


As always, we had a great time and can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.