5.22.2012

Dear Jillian (10 months)

Dear Jillian,


Are you really only two months away from your first birthday? How come 10 months of pregnancy couldn't go by this fast? 


The school year is almost over and I am SO excited to spend ALL SUMMER with you! Although I will miss how excited you get when I get home everyday and how you start shrieking and crawling towards the door.


You love being chased! If someone says, "I'm gonna getcha!" You start crawling away and screaming. It's the cutest. Can't help but chase after you! 


Speaking of crawling, you also cruise! You walk along all of the furniture and pull yourself up on everything. This means we have to baby proof things even MORE. 


You mimic a lot of sounds we make. You're not saying real words yet, (except sometimes I SWEAR you say "mama") but we'll say something to you and you'll babble back to us in the same tone. I think it will freak me out when an actual word comes out of your mouth. I can tell you're starting to understand us though. When we ask you where your binky is, you start looking around you for it. When we ask you to come here, you do! 




For some reason lately you HATE diaper changes and getting dressed. Anytime we lay you down you start freaking out! If only you realized that a clean diaper/clean clothes feels MUCH better than dirty ones! 


I've started singing "10 little monkeys jumpin' on the bed" to you lately, and at the end you'll start waving your hand and pointing your finger like you're singing the last line "no more monkeys jumpin' on the bed!" I love it. 
 


You love being outside. You almost always prefer it to being inside. I'm hoping you love being in the pool, because we have lots of summer play dates planned with your friends Brynlee and Bentlee. 

                                    Photobucket Photobucket



There is a even a little more hair on your head! ...in the back. Unfortunately much isn't growing on top- mullet style. 


I think you're going to be a future nerd (which is completely okay with your father, by the way). More than any toy you have, you love looking at books. You'll sit there and turn the pages FOREVER and just quietly talk to yourself like you're reading it. 

Your Dad likes to do this:

 


You're getting really good at eating by yourself. I think your favorite food is what we call "baby cheetos," which is really a "baked corn snack with cheddar." Much to your dismay, you're only allowed a few of those at a time. I'm having fun making your baby food though! This week I made a beef, pasta, and veggie mix and you ate it right up! 



There are a lot of plans in the works for your 1st birthday party! Your WHOLE family will be in town for it, so we're pretty excited! 


Love you!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.