6.17.2011

Ocupado

Summer is a beautiful thing really. Especially for teachers. I always give myself the first half of the summer to do whatever the heck I want, then spend a good part of the second half slowly getting ready for another school year. But it's still the first half :-) So I've found plenty of things to occupy my time (aside from A Baby Story or I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant marathons on TLC in the mornings).

I made a car seat canopy (using this tutorial) for baby J:



Adorable fabric, no? I'm in love.

I also added some fabric to the bottom of some burp clothes to make them prettier and such. Granted they'll soon be covered in baby barf, she still deserves to puke on pretty things. As long as they're HER pretty things and not MY pretty things. Let's make that distinction.




I've also been working on TWELVE of these fabric rosette necklaces for my friend Cammie's bridesmaids. She's getting married in July. Seven down, five to go.



And I jazzed up my KitchenAid with some vinyl designs using my new Cricut. Eeeee! I think soon everything in my HOUSE will have some type of vinyl on it.



I'm having way too much fun. But now I think I need a break. Will that last? Mmm...we'll see.

It's been kind of weird to be home by myself all day. I went from talking basically non-stop for 6-7 hours a day at school, to hardly talking to anyone all day, until James gets home. Strange. I miss my own voice! But I don't plan on starting to talk to myself anytime soon. Singing to myself, that's a different story. Pandora keeps me company most of the time. Adele is my music idol. Hands down.

In other news, it's been 2 hours and 20 minutes since breakfast and I'm STARVING. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.