4.18.2011

So here's a depressing thought

This post is RIDICULOUSLY ironic coming right after my last post (cupcake anyone?)...I had my monthly doctor's appointment today (27 weeks to be exact! That's only 13 to go!). Aaanndd here it is, with no clever intro or good lead up: I'm gaining weight too fast. I feel like that should be bolded and on a line completely by itself for dramatic effect.

I'M GAINING WEIGHT TOO FAST.

Now, this is an extremely perplexing notion to me. Not the gaining weight part, I've always been a pro at that. But how to gain weight, but not TOO much weight, and a steady rate, while still feeding yourself the small six meals a day recommended. I probably understand calculus better. Aye aye aye.

So I asked my doctor how one does this. He said, "Just eat the good stuff." ...
......
As in all what I'm trying to do already? Apparently that's not working..

I feel very confused. The end.

3 comments:

  1. blame it entirely on your trip home. seriously. i ALWAYS gain weight when i visit home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang... well at least you have a pregnancy to blame? unlike me. dumb westridge lunches. i've gained about 15 million pounds since september, no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so this happened to me. at exactly the same point. and it's possible that you will be like me, slingshoting up some weeks and not gaining anything some other weeks. if you're doing all you can to keep your portions and choices in check, then just recognize that your baby is going to do what your baby is going to do and don't let it kill you too much. i think, sometimes, we really beat ourselves up about this stuff when we have very little control over it. all you can do is the best you can do, and that's doing what you're already doing. do i wish i had given birth to a 35 pound baby, so i'd have like 2 pounds to lose? sure. (except ouch) but the reality is that my 7 pound 5 ounce baby is perfectly wonderful and i lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks and if i have to work incredibly hard to lose the rest of it (plus some) i will because that's my job. i wish i hadn't stressed so much about the weight when i was pregnant, but being mindful of it kept me from disaster many a time.

    so, in short, do your best. that's all you can do, and it sets you up well for parenthood, where all the plans can go out the window at the drop of a hat.

    and i'm already sorry that i'm sounding like those know-it-all parents. i don't mean that. i just mean...sometimes you think you want to do something one way, and it just doesn't work out that way. i'm learning that parenthood is about steadfast surrender. you surrender to the Lord's will and timing, and you press forward on that path with steadfastness.

    you can do it here too.

    and good grief this is long. sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love.